Response to Pageup security incident
CIMIC Group uses human resources technology provider PageUp to manage job applications and candidate information.
PageUp has been investigating a security incident related to its system, during which time we suspended our use of their services, disabled all external users in PageUp and reset all passwords.
While the investigation into the extent of the threat is ongoing, information from PageUp, their external cybersecurity advisors and government authorities indicate there is no evidence of an active threat. PageUp has informed us that the incident has been contained and the platform is secure.
Based on this information, we have re-established our PageUp connection. Job applicants will be prompted to reset passwords upon logging into the system.
All contacts in our system will be sent an email from CIMIC Group to notify them that, regretfully, some of their personal data may have been accessed by an unauthorised third party. If you have any questions, you can contact your HR representative (for current employees) or email@example.com (for external candidates).
We would like to remind you that good security practices include taking the following steps:
- Change your passwords on other online services, if you re-use the same password
- Enable multi-factor authentication and other available security measures provided by your other online services
- Be aware of potential phishing emails and telephone calls from businesses or institutions requesting your personal details. Avoid opening attachments from unknown senders via email or social media
- Install anti-virus software and keep it updated
- Apply all recommended software patches from operating system and software providers.