Thiess’ purpose is to create lasting value.
This has been the hallmark of our business for more than eight decades as we help our clients meet the ever-changing requirements of the mining industry, regulators and community. We integrate environmental, social and governance factors into our decision making and all aspects of our business. This positions us to deliver enduring value.
At the core of our approach to sustainability is being a trusted services provider to clients, partners, suppliers, communities and wider stakeholders. This is anchored in our mission to maximise long-term value for shareholders by sustainably delivering projects for our clients while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
Our focus on sustainability drives our commitment to:
- Support safe communities and provide safe, supportive and positive workplaces
- Act with integrity, operate honestly and respectfully, and seek sustainable supply chain outcomes
- Promote a culture that builds capability, and supports opportunities for sustainability, diversity and inclusion
- Target innovation through knowledge sharing and collaboration, and a focus on the future
- Promote environmentally responsible outcomes by using resources efficiently, minimising waste and building resilience to climate risks.
We seek to enhance outcomes at all stages of our clients’ operations by listening first and then working with a wide range of stakeholders to create strategies that empower safe, productive and cost-effective operations geared for the long term.
We provide flexible support based on what our clients need, and continually look for opportunities to improve outcomes – for individual mining operations and wider environments and communities.