We prioritise diversity and recognise the value of an inclusive workplace for all employees and our clients. Our focus areas include:
We have embarked on a series of initiatives to promote and increase employment opportunities to women at all levels of our business as well as investing in development programs. Our commitment is to also continue to improve awareness among women about career opportunities in our industry.
Some of our initiatives include:
- Undergraduate scholarships promoting women in engineering
- Access to leadership programs
- Networks for women, internal and external to Thiess, including the recent launch of WINTR – Women in non-traditional roles and industries.
At Thiess, we are committed to providing a cultural and physical environment where our employees feel they always matter. We are investing in career pathways and employee development and progression to move closer to achieving gender balance.
As part of our commitment in Australia, we developed a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) to formalise our support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We hold ourselves accountable to the framework and more significantly, the RAP has increased awareness among our people that providing opportunities, respecting Indigenous culture and building lasting relationships is a critical part of how we do business.
View our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
We strive to be a business where our people feel safe, respected, engaged, motivated and valued at all times. A place where everyone feels they matter, always. We will do this by examining bias and embedding inclusive policies and programs and also by building collective understanding the different cultures and diverse communities in which we live and work.
We do this by:
- Offering unconscious bias training to managers and recruitment personnel
- Embedding our diversity and inclusion strategy messaging to the wider business and new starters.
View our Diversity Policy.