Industry-leading environmental management is a core capability at Thiess and a critical way we help our clients deliver on their compliance and social responsibility commitments
Our ‘smaller footprint, bigger future’ mandate is focused on identifying risks and proactively managing those to reduce the impact of our operations and those of our clients. Our environmental experts work closely with our wider operations and technical teams to design and deliver integrated solutions that optimise mining operations.
Across our global operations we support:
- Effective water management through practical, site-specific solutions including strategies for managing on-site water storages and transfers, pit dewatering and water discharge, and clean water protection
- Practical impact reduction management such as reducing the amount of waste going to landfill and minimising our energy use and greenhouse emissions
- Smarter reclamation management that is consistent and cost-efficient over the life of a mine, establishing ecosystems tailored to the local landscape, regulatory conditions and environmental commitments
- Community management in the short and long-term, particularly in relation to air quality, noise and blasting impacts, with appropriate controls to support community health and harmony objectives.
- Continuous monitoring, measurement and improvement then provide the foundation for ensuring positive results.
View our Environmental Policy.