We value an inclusive workplace through our diversity and inclusion vision - everyone matters always.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
We do this through focusing on three key areas including:
At Thiess, we're focused on enabling equal access to meaningful career opportunities.
We’ve launched initiatives to promote and increase equal employment opportunities across our business. We’re continuing to improve awareness about career opportunities in our industry and invest in development programs.
Some of our initiatives include:
- Undergraduate scholarships promoting women in engineering
- Access to leadership, mentoring and development programs
- Networks for women, internal and external to Thiess, including WINTR – Women in non-traditional roles and industries.
We’re committed to empowering authentic, long-term relationships between our employees, stakeholders and Indigenous people in Australia by strengthening our understanding of Indigenous cultures in the communities in which we operate.
In 2017, we launched our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) to formalise our support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We hold ourselves accountable to the framework. The RAP has increased awareness among our people that providing opportunities, respecting Indigenous culture and building lasting relationships is a critical part of how we do business.
View our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
We strive to be a business where our people feel safe, respected and valued. A place where everyone matters always. We do this through examining bias and embedding inclusive policies and programs and by building collective understanding of the different cultures and diverse communities in which we live and work.
- Offering unconscious bias training to managers and recruitment personnel
- Creating awareness and celebrating culturally significant events in the regions in which we operate
- Building our LGBTIQA+ support network Allies
- Embedding our diversity and inclusion strategy across our business.
View our Diversity Policy.
Learn more today from our Managing Director, Douglas Thompson. In this video, Douglas shares why a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential.